We stand up for your rights.

Certified Documents

Certified Documents

What if I need a document certified?

What if I need a Statutory Declaration witnessed?

There are a few ways you can have a document certified.

Any one of the following can certify a copy of a document for you, if you have the original available –

  • An accountant (member of a recognised professional accounting body or a Registered Tax Agent).
  • A person listed on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory or the High Court of Australia as a legal practitioner.
  • A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney.
  • A police officer.
  • A postal manager.
  • A principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school.
  • A medical practitioner.
  • A Justice of the Peace (with a registration number in the State in which they are registered).
  • A minister of religion (registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961).

The certified copy must include the statement “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”. The certifier must also include their full name, signature, date, registration number (if any) and qualification or occupation which makes them eligible to certify documents, on each of the photocopied identification documents.

A statutory declaration needs to signed by you before a proper witness such as a solicitor or a Justice of the Peace.  If we can help, please telephone our office to arrange a suitable time for a consultation.

Quick Enquiry

McDonnell Schroder

Get in Touch with us

Please enter your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible.